4 dead, 2 hurt as Sulu ‘royal’ troops, Malaysian forces clash anew

SHARES:

08:22 PM March 24th, 2013

Recommended
By: Allan Nawal, March 24th, 2013 08:22 PM

DIGOS CITY, Philippines—Four people, including two children, died while a Malaysian soldier and another boy were hurt as Malaysian security forces and members of the ill-equipped Sulu “royal army” clashed anew in Tanjung Batu in Lahad Datu Sunday, the Malaysian military reported.

Malaysian Armed Forces Chief General Zulkifeli Zin said in a news conference, reported on by a Sabah-based radio station, that the injured boy had been airlifted to a hospital and the bodies of the four people with Filipino ancestry had been sent to a morgue.

He said Malaysian security forces had entered a house in Tanjung Batu around 9:15 a.m. as they tailed “two terrorists” but they were fired instead, prompting them to retaliate.

Disclaimer: Comments do not represent the views of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments which are inconsistent with our editorial standards. FULL DISCLAIMER

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.