4 dead, 2 hurt as Sulu ‘royal’ troops, Malaysian forces clash anew | Global News
Close  

4 dead, 2 hurt as Sulu ‘royal’ troops, Malaysian forces clash anew

By: - Correspondent / @inqmindanao
/ 08:22 PM March 24, 2013

[wpgmappity id=”0″]

DIGOS CITY, Philippines—Four people, including two children, died while a Malaysian soldier and another boy were hurt as Malaysian security forces and members of the ill-equipped Sulu “royal army” clashed anew in Tanjung Batu in Lahad Datu Sunday, the Malaysian military reported.

ADVERTISEMENT

Malaysian Armed Forces Chief General Zulkifeli Zin said in a news conference, reported on by a Sabah-based radio station, that the injured boy had been airlifted to a hospital and the bodies of the four people with Filipino ancestry had been sent to a morgue.

He said Malaysian security forces had entered a house in Tanjung Batu around 9:15 a.m. as they tailed “two terrorists” but they were fired instead, prompting them to retaliate.

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Armed conflict, Diplomacy, Foreign affairs, Global Nation, International relations, Malaysia, Philippines, Sabah, Sultanate of Sulu, Zulkifeli Zin
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.