DFA chief: File diplomatic protest over Chinese warships’ intrusion
MANILA, Philippines – Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. has ordered the filing of another diplomatic protest over the latest reports of the unannounced presence of five Chinese warships in Sibutu Strait since July.
“@DFAPHL fire diplomatic protest over Chinese warship; drop the diplomatic crap; say it is ours period; they’re trespassing,” Locsin said over Twitter on Monday.
@DFAPHL @ASPAC fire diplomatic protest over Chinese warship; drop the diplomatic crap; say it is ours period; they're trespassing. If we did it already fire another. We won't run out. & don't wait for formal intel. This is the Secretary of National Defense no less. Fire at will.
— Teddy Locsin Jr. (@teddyboylocsin) August 19, 2019FEATURED STORIESGLOBALNATION
“If we did it already fire another. We won’t run out. & don’t wait for formal intel. This is the Secretary of National Defense no less. Fire at will,” he further said.
The said protest is the latest of the diplomatic actions taken by the Philippine government over the unannounced transit of Chinese vessels in the country’s waters.
“Tayo sa defense, naiinis na din tayo dahil hindi nga sila nagsasabi sa ‘tin,” Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana told reporters late last week.
Lorenzana is hoping that the said intrusions by these Chinese ships would be tackled be when President Rodrigo Duterte visits China later this month.
“Sana ma-mention ito para tapos na. Irritant na kasi ‘to ngayon eh,” he added. /gsg
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.