Close  
  • share this

DFA warns Filipinos in Tripoli, Libya after renewed military clashes

By: - Reporter / @CMarquezINQ
/ 12:20 AM January 18, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has asked Filipinos to take precaution due to the military clashes in Tripoli, Libya.

DFA urged the 1,800 Filipinos to take extra precaution due to the clashes in the southern Tripoli district of Qasir Ben Ghashir and the “continued military build up.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The Philippine Embassy in Tripoli said that at least six people had been killed and 20 were wounded in the clashes since Wednesday.

Philippine Ambassador to Tripoli Mardomel Melicor said Filipinos in Ben Ghashir, Wadi Al Rabea, Tariq Matar, Esbea and adjoining districts in Tripoli were advised to stay indoors and avoid unnecessary movements.

FEATURED STORIES

The Embassy also advised Filipinos to “prepare to move to safer ground should the fighting spill over to their location.” /ee

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: DFA, Libya, military clashes, Tripoli
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.



© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.