MANILA, Philippines — There is no suspect yet on the death of two overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Dubai, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) reported.
Last week, the DFA said that investigations on the OFWs’ passing are underway.
Until now, the probe is still ongoing, according to DFA Undersecretary for Migrant Workers’ Affairs Eduardo de Vega on Thursday.
“In the case of the two Filipino males who were found dead in their apartment a few weeks ago in Dubai apartment, supposedly locked from the inside… We are in touch with the relatives of both slain kababayans (fellow Filipinos),” he said in a press conference.
“So far, there has been no perpetrator identified,” he went on.
De Vega assured the public that concerned authorities are committed to solving the issue.
The DFA did not divulge further details on the slain Filipinos as investigation is ongoing and due to privacy.
The agency earlier assured that assistance will be extended to the bereaved families.