Pinoys injured in Beirut blast rise to 42
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Saturday said 11 more Filipinos were found injured while another was reported missing from Tuesday’s chemical explosions in Beirut, Lebanon.
The number of injured Filipinos now stood at 42, two missing and four dead, according to Sarah Lou Arriola, foreign undersecretary for migrant workers’ affairs.
In a statement, the DFA said that with ground operations clearing more area, and embassy personnel receiving additional reports, the agency was taking in new input with regard to the status of the Filipino community in Lebanon.
The DFA previously stated that it expected the number of affected Filipinos in Beirut to increase considering the magnitude of the destruction.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.