22 more Filipinos overseas die of COVID-19, says DFA
MANILA, Philippines — Twenty-two more Overseas Filipinos (OFs) passed away due to the coronavirus disease as cases of Filipinos abroad infected with the disease rose to 343, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Saturday.
Latest data from DFA showed that the total fatalities of OFs are 43, which are mostly from America and Europe.
Meanwhile, 51 new cases of COVID-19 from Asia Pacific Region, Europe and America were recorded, bringing the total confirmed COVID-19 cases of OFs to 517.
The foreign affairs department said it continues to coordinate with its personnel in foreign service posts to monitor Filipinos affected by the pandemic in other countries.
“With the shared global goal of containing the spread of COVID-19, the DFA personnel in our foreign service posts continue to partner with local health authorities and agencies in ensuring proper implementation of preventive measures and restrictions, and commit to attending to the needs of our kababayans affected by this pandemic,” read the statement.
The World Health Organization previously announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic. Globally, the virus has already infected over 1 million people in more than 180 countries.
Edited by JPV
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.