Philippines and Singapore sign 8 pacts on climate, education, agri, tech, etc
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines and Singapore signed eight agreements during Singaporean President Halimah Yacob’s state visit to the country.
Halimah and President Rodrigo Duterte witnessed the signing and exchange of these agreements on Wednesday afternoon in Malacañang.
— Darryl John Esguerra (@DJEsguerraINQ) September 9, 2019FEATURED STORIES
The agreements cover matters on personal data protection, urban mobility, climate resilience, water supply and sanitation, agricultural cooperation, education, adoption of skills training framework, and cultural cooperation program.
Here is the list of the deals signed by the two countries:
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Department of Education and Temasek Foundation International and Nanyang Polytechnic International Program on Innovations and Teaching and Learning of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) with Design Thinking
- MOU between the Department of Agriculture and Enterprise Singapore on Agricultural Cooperation and Related Activities
- MOU between Department of Trade and Industry of the Republic of the Philippines, the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority of the Republic of the Philippines, and Skills Future Singapore Agency of the Republic of Singapore on cooperation on human capital development and rescaling and skills upgrading of workforce.
- MOU between the Development Bank of the Philippines and Infrastructure Asia Singapore on knowledge sharing to support infrastructure development
- MOU between Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System and Public Utilities Board
- MOU between the National Commission for Culture and the Arts of the Republic of the Philippines and Ministry of Culture, Community, and Youth of the Republic of Singapore on Cultural Cooperation
- MOU between Infrastructure Asia and Public-Private Partnership Center on assisting Philippine local implementing agencies with the development or implementation of PPP projects
- MOU between the National Privacy Commission of the Republic of the Philippines and The Personal Data Protection Commission of the Republic of Singapore on Cooperation in Personal Data Protection
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.