Close  

Filipino seafarers affected by oil tanker attack now back in PH

/ 06:46 PM June 19, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — The Filipino seafarers working in one of the two oil tankers damaged in an alleged attack near the Strait of Hormuz have returned home, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.

In a statement on Wednesday, the DFA said the 11 Filipino seafarers of MT Front Altair arrived in Manila this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ: DFA: 32 Filipino seafarers safe after tanker attacks

The MT Front Altair is one of the two vessels damaged during the incident near the Strait of Hormuz last June 13.

Representatives from the DFA, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), and the seafarers’ manning agency extended airport assistance to the returning Filipinos.

The other oil tanker MT Kokuka Courageous carried the 21 Filipino seafarers.

However, no details on the repatriation of the crew members of MT Kokuka Courageous have been made available so far. (Editor: Eden Estopace)

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Department of Foreign Affairs, DFA, Filipino seafarers, oil tanker, Strait of Hormuz
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.