Close  

Cop linked to abduction of Sokor businessman surrenders to NBI

/ 02:33 PM January 16, 2017

The policeman implicated in the abduction of a South Korean national last year surrendered to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Monday.

READ: Is Sokor businessman victim of ‘tokhang for ransom?’

NBI’s Public Information Chief Nick Suarez said Senior Police Officer 3 Ricky Sta. Isabel sought the NBI’s protective custody.

ADVERTISEMENT

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Director General Ronald Dela Rosa earlier warned that Sta. Isabel should surrender or die.

Earlier, Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II informed Dela Rosa that Sta. Isabel is already with the NBI.

Sta. Isabel was implicated in the abduction of Jee Ick-Jo, an executive official of a South Korean heavy industries firm, last Oct. 18, 2016.

Choi Kyung-jin, wife of the victim, said the kidnappers also took their personal properties like pieces of jewelry, her and their daughter’s passports and her husband’s vehicle, a black Ford Explorer with plate number ABT-1915.

A P5-million ransom has been paid but the abductors still failed to release the victim.

READ: Family offers reward for info on missing Sokor businessman

A criminal case has been filed with the Department of Justice (DOJ). RAM

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Abduction, National Bureau of Investigation, NBI, policeman, South Korean
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.