Family offers reward for info on missing Sokor businessman
The family of the South Korean national abducted in the guise of President Rodrigo Duterte’s war on drugs is offering a P100,000-reward money for any information that could lead to the victim’s location.
Jee Ick-Jo, an executive official of a South Korean heavy industries firm, was abducted last Oct. 18, 2016 by an anti-drugs police officer and seven others.
Choi Kyung-jin, wife of the victim, said the kidnappers also took their personal properties like jewelries, her and their daughter’s passports and her husband’s vehicle, a black Ford Explorer with plate number ABT-1915.
NBI-National Capital Region (NBI-NCR) Director Ric Diaz said his unit has been trying to locate Jee since last year as well as the five other suspects in the abduction.
Diaz said that according to the witness, the victim was heard saying “I can’t breathe.”
“The NBI believes that this could be a case of kidnapping-gone-wrong,” Diaz said.
Last Oct. 31, 2016, the family gave a P5-million reward money to the abductors but Choi, through her interpreter, said her husband has not been released nor was she given a proof of life.
Then, the abductors asked for another P4 million, the family was asking for a proof of life but still, none was given prompting them to seek the help of authorities.
“The family is offering a P100,000 reward for any information that could help locate the husband,” Atty. Bryan Bantilan, the family’s lawyer said.
A criminal complaint has already been filed before the Department of Justice (DOJ) against the police officer, the driver and house help as well as five other still unidentified cohorts. RAM
Subscribe to our global nation newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.