No Filipino casualties so far in twin Japan quakes—DFA
No Filipino casualties in Japan were reported so far following the twin earthquakes that killed at least 29 people in the country, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said on Saturday.
“According to our consulate general in Osaka, there are so far no reports of Filipino casualties in the Japan quake. There are around 220,000 Filipinos in Japan,” DFA spokesperson Charles Jose said in a text message to INQUIRER.net.
READ: Twin quakes kills at least 29 in south Japan; many trapped
A powerful earthquake hit southern Japan on Saturday morning, barely 24 hours after a smaller quake struck the same region.
Japanese media also reported the eruption of Mount Aso, the largest active volcano in Japan, following the twin quakes in the area. CDG
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.