DFA: No Filipinos hurt so far in Paris attacks
With more than 100 people reported killed in a series of attacks in Paris, France, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said no Filipinos have so far been reported hurt during the incident.
“So far there are no reports of Filipino affected by the incident in Paris,” DFA spokesperson Charles Jose told INQUIRER.net.
“Our embassy continues to monitor closely the situation and stands ready to extend assistance to Filipinos who may need it,” he added.
At least six attacks were reported on Friday (Paris time), one in the Bataclan music venue where hostages were taken and another at a Paris restaurant in the 10th arrondissement.
Former Climate Change Commissioner Yeb Saño, who is currently leading a pilgrimage to Paris in time for the climate change negotiations in December, said he and his group is safe.
“To all loved ones and friends, this is to let you know that all of us are safe. Paris is under siege. We will keep you posted on developments in France. God bless the world,” Saño posted on his Facebook account. RAM
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.