Big U.S. commercial delegation headed for Apec CEO Summit
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A large U.S. commercial delegation is headed for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) CEO Summit November 16-18 to seek further openings for “American businesses and workers to sell their products and services in some of the world’s fastest-growing markets,” the U.S. Commerce Department announced.
U.S. Deputy Secretary of Commerce Bruce Andrews will head the delegation to the premier business forum in the Asia Pacific region, the only platform where global business executives, economic leaders and policy makers can share insights and solutions on enhancing trade and investment liberalization and other priority issues through open dialogue.
In addition, the U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) National Director Alejandra Castillo will lead a delegation of small and medium-sized enterprises to the Philippines for the inaugural APEC Small Medium Enterprise (APEC SME) Summit on November 15.
Representing the private sector as delegation co-chair is Honorable Patricia M. Loui, former board member of the Export-Import Bank of the United States, and founder and CEO of OmniTrak, an international marketing, research and branding consultancy firm.
The U.S. Delegation consists of representatives from the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, U.S. SMEs that are export-ready or currently exporting to APEC economies, as well as trade organizations with export-ready members and other federal government officials. A key focus of the delegation will be to explore opportunities to expand U.S. exports via diaspora communities.
The APEC SME delegation will include:
- Austriaco and Associates Ltd. – Chicago, Illinois
- BOX Studios – Chicago, Illinois
- Calculation Bureau, LLC – Chicago, Illinois
- Chinawise, Inc. – Chicago, Illinois
- CIeNET International – Oak Brook, Illinois
- Crewsing international LLC – Seattle, Washington
- CSMI – Schaumburg, Illinois
- District Trading Company LLC – Washington, D. C.
- E.C. Ortiz & Co, LLP – Chicago, Illinois
- East Vantage – Los Angeles, California
- Ethertronics – San Diego, California
- Indatatech – San Antonio, Texas
- Interface Protein Technology, Inc. – Lisle, Illinois
- Madrid Crost Law Group – Chicago, Illinois
- Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo PC – San Diego, California
- Asian/Pacific Islander American Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship – Washington, D.C.
- OmniTrak Group – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Ramos Law Firm – Atlanta, Georgia
- RJT Compuquest.com – El Segundo, California
- Rockit Ranch Production – Chicago, Illinois
- Sherman Worldwide – Henderson, Nevada
- Shine Electronics Co. – Long Island City, New York
- The Gill Auto Group, Inc. – Madera, California
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe to our global nation newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.