outbrain
Close  

WATCH: Samal tourists appeal to stop military operations in Sulu

By: - Correspondent / @inqmindanao
/ 08:24 AM October 14, 2015

DAVAO CITY—The three foreigners kidnapped in Samal Island last month issued an appeal to the Philippine and Canadian governments for a stop of all military operations in Sulu.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ: Small group ‘run by ex-Marine’ behind kidnapping of Samal tourists
Robert Hall, who was the first to speak in the nearly three-minute video uploaded on Youtube by user Darthodieus, said they were in grave danger.
Kjartan Sekkingstad, on the other hand, asked the owners of the Holiday Marina, where he works as manager, to do something.
Meanwhile, John Ridsdel said he believes somebody can do what the kidnappers wanted them to say.

READ: Military tiptoes on Samal island kidnapping of foreigners, Pinay
One of the suspects, who spoke in English, said only the stop of the military operations can start negotiations for the captives.
Authorities said they were verifying the video. Allan Nawal/RAM

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Canadian, Foreigners, governments, kidnap, Military, operations, Philippine, Samal Island, Sulu
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.