Nominees sought for ’50 Over 50’ list of outstanding Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
SAN FRANCISCO, California – Nominations for an award called “50 Over 50: Inspiring Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders” are being accepted by AARP, for the upcoming Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
AARP is launching a list, honors the contributions and impact of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders who are or were over 50 years old.
Every day in May, the AARP AAPI Community Facebook page will post one or two persons selected from the 50 Over 50 List.
AARP invites the public to nominate a person for the “50 Over 50: Inspiring AAPI” list. The call for nominations ends on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM EDT. To nominate, go here.
The “50 Over 50” list will be in the following five categories:
The Inspiring AAPIs who…
- Are Changing Our Views About Aging
- Influenced a Generation – The Boomer Generation (Born 1946-1964)
- Make Our Days a Little Brighter
- Show Us the Way
- Shape Our Opinions
The qualifications of nominee are:
- Must be or would have been 50 years old and older (by May 1, 2014)
- Must be of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander heritage or ethnicity
- Does not have to be an United States Citizen
- Can be living or deceased
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.