No untoward incident monitored in PH amid Sabah row—PNP

SHARES:

08:37 PM March 4th, 2013

Recommended
By: Jamie Elona, March 4th, 2013 08:37 PM

PNP spokesperson Chief Supt. Generoso Cerbo Jr. INQUIRER.NET FILE PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines—The Philippine National Police said it has not monitored any untoward incident which can be related to the developments on the territorial dispute between the Philippines and Malaysia, a spokesman said Monday.

Chief Superintendent Generoso Cerbo Jr. said PNP chief, Director General Alan Purisima, has ordered ground commanders and regional directors all over the country to monitor developments in the issue considering its possible effects on an area’s security aspect.

“[But] as of this morning naman . . . [base sa] ipinadadala ng mga regional directors, wala tayong nakikita na any untoward incident na I would say is related sa nangyayari sa Sabah,” Cerbo said.

He also said the PNP was working with the Philippine Coast Guard and the Armed Forces of the Philippines to make sure that sympathizers of Sultan Jamalul Kiram III would not be able to travel to Lahad Datu in Sabah, Malaysia as it may “aggravate” the situation.

Sabah had been the site of clashes between the followers of the Sultanate and Malaysian forces that started Friday.

Disclaimer: Comments do not represent the views of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments which are inconsistent with our editorial standards. FULL DISCLAIMER

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.