Kidnapped Australian freed, says military | Global News
Close  

Kidnapped Australian freed, says military

/ 09:11 PM March 21, 2013

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines—An Australian national, who was kidnapped by armed men in December 2012, was released by his abductors, the military said on Thursday.

Col. Gregorio Rodrigo, spokesperson of the Western Mindanao Command, on Thursday afternoon advised journalists to proceed to the Don Basilio Navarro Hospital to cover the arrival of kidnap victim Richard Warren Rodwell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rodwell was forcibly taken by armed men from his home in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay on December 5 last year.

Rodrigo, however, refused to give details of the release, only saying “journalists must be at the Wesmincom at 6 p.m.”

FEATURED STORIES

Earlier, Basilan Vice Gov. Al Rasheed Sakalahul told the Philippine Daily Inquirer of the possible release of Rodwell Thursday. Sakalahul was requested by the victim’s family to negotiate for the release.

Subscribe to our global nation newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Gay marriage, Same-sex marriage, United States
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our global news

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.