ELEVEN suspects in the robbery-murder of a 22-year-old man in barangay Guizo, Mandaue City, will be filed with charges of robbery with homicide today.
Insp. Ramil Morpos deputy chief of Investigation and Detection Management Branch in Mandaue City Police Office said the Crips gang members planned to rob James Lomarda of barangay Gun-ob, Lapu-Lapu City.
Morpos said only eight suspects were apprehended while three others known only for their aliases remained at large. He said two suspects may turn state witness due to their reduced involvement.
Japeth Sanchez, 21, told CDN he shot dead Lomarda last Saturday dawn after he was instructed by a companion identified only as Nega, who fled after the incident along with two others only known as Papi and Eric.
John Tirol, 18, admitted he grabbed the necklace of Lomorda, who was on board a jeepney on his way home to Lapu-Lapu City.
The other suspects are Jerwin Indencio, 20; Mark Louie Sanchez, 20; JV Himpit, 27; Arjie Dadula, 19; Bonifacio Fuentes, 23 and Ponte./REPORTER JUCELL MARIE P. CUYOS
CHARGES of robbery was filed yesterday against the 23-year-old woman who allegedly extorted money from a policeman last week.
Lyzanne Labiste of barangay Guadalupe, Cebu City, did not to undergo a preliminary investigation to refute the allegations.
Assistant City Prosecutor Ruso Zaragoza of the Cebu City Prosecutors’ Office is set to come up with his findings from the complaint by PO3 Richard Valencia of the Intelligence and Detective Management Bureau (IDMB) of the Cebu City Police Office.
Valencia along with other policemen pursued a suspect last April 25.
During the the operation, Labiste said Valencia pointed a gun at her.
Valencia said it was a case of mistaken identity since the suspect ran to Labiste’s area.
Labiste threatened to file charges against the policeman.
Valencia said Labiste demanded money from him last April 28 so she would no longer press charges against the policeman.
Labiste allegedly sent text messages to Valencia who informed his head about the extortion.
The police then hatched an entrapment operation.
Last April 29, Valencia agreed to pay P20,000 to the respondent.
Valencia was on board a car outside the Guadalupe barangay hall when he handed over the marked money to the respondent./REPORTER ADOR VINCNT MAYOL
A 6-year-old boy drowned in the waters of a resort in barangay Poblacion, Talisay City, around 2:30 p.m. last Sunday.
Anthony Aro of Pasil, Cebu City, was declared by attending physicians already dead when he was brought to the Talisay City District Hospital (TCDH).
Police investigation said the victim and his 12-year-old sister played at the shoreline in knee-deep water after taking their lunch with family and neighbors.
Minutes later, the victim’s neighbor Jasmin Esconde, 15, found him floating dead./REPORTER JUCELL MARIE P. CUYOS
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.