56 more Filipinos fled Gaza; en route to Cairo — Bongbong Marcos
MANILA, Philippines — President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Friday said that 56 more Filipinos were able to exit war-torn Gaza through the Rafah border and enter Egypt.
“Happy to hear the update that 56 more Filipinos have left Gaza amid the Israel-Hamas conflict, joining the 42 who had previously crossed. This brings the total to 98 out of the 137 originally in Gaza, now en route to Cairo,” Marcos said on X (formerly Twitter).
The President also said that 34 of the 56 Filipinos have already boarded flights to Qatar and will arrive in the Philippines this Friday afternoon.
“The safe journey of our nationals is of utmost importance, and we look forward to welcoming them home,” Marcos added.
On November 7, a batch of 42 Filipinos who left Israel arrived in the Philippines.
Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas have been engaged in raging armed conflict since October 7, when Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel.
Israel’s intensified military operations against Gaza have so far claimed 10,000 lives, according to reports.