�� DFA: No Filipino casualties reported so far amid Israel conflict | Global News

DFA: No Filipino casualties reported so far amid Israel conflict

/ 09:49 PM October 07, 2023

DFA: No Filipino fatalities reported so far in Israel conflict

Smoke rises following Israeli strikes in Gaza, October 7, 2023. REUTERS/Mohammed Salem

MANILA, Philippines — There are no deaths among the Filipino community so far amid the conflict in Israel, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said on Saturday.

“So far there are no reports of Filipino casualties,” DFA undersecretary Eduardo de Vega said in a message.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Palestinian Islamist group Hamas launched the biggest attack on Israel in years on Saturday, killing more than 20 people in a surprise assault.

FEATURED STORIES

The DFA official also said that the Philippine Embassy in Israel continues to be in touch with community leaders on the ground.

“There are about 27K [Filipinos] in Israel but the vast majority are situated in places other than the Gaza area,” he added.

The DFA will continue to verify reports, he said.

Earlier, the Department of Migrant Workers told Filipinos in Israel to take precautions following the State of War alert.

RELATED STORIES

DMW closely monitoring Israel situation, tells OFWs to take precautions

ADVERTISEMENT

Israel ‘at war’ as Hamas gunmen launch surprise attack from Gaza

je
Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

TAGS: Conflict, DFA, Israel, OFW

© Copyright 1997-2024 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.