Travel ban in 10 countries extended ’til Aug. 15 amid Delta variant threat
MANILA, Philippines — Travel restrictions on inbound travelers from 10 countries, including India have been extended until Aug. 15 amid the threat of the feared COVID-19 Delta variant, Malacañang said Friday.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said the government’s pandemic task force and President Rodrigo Duterte approved the recommendation to extend travel restrictions.
The government earlier imposed these restrictions to prevent the entry of the highly contagious variant first detected in India.
So far, the Philippines has detected a total of 216 Delta variant cases. The Department of Health (DOH) has confirmed local transmission of the variant in the country.
Subscribe to our global nation newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.