MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines has extended the suspension of foreign nationals’ entry to the country until April 30.
Malacañang in a statement Friday said this travel restriction was approved by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases during its meeting on Thursday.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque noted that only foreign nationals “with valid entry exemption documents duly issued by the DFA [Department of Foreign Affairs] prior to March 22, 2021, will be allowed entry to the Philippines.”
The suspension of foreign nationals’ entry to the Philippines was supposed to lapse on April 21 as previously announced by the National Task Force against COVID-19 (NTF).
All Filipino citizens whether a returning overseas Filipino or overseas Filipino worker are allowed to enter the country.
The Bureau of Immigration has said foreign nationals who want to enter the country for emergency or humanitarian reasons may seek a travel ban exemption from the NTF.