Lone Filipino COVID-19 patient in China recovers — envoy
MANILA, Philippines — The lone Filipino infected with the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in mainland China has recovered and has already been discharged, Philippine Ambassador to China Jose Santiago Sta. Romana said Friday.
During a televised briefing, Sta. Romana said the Filipino patient tested positive for the novel coronavirus after arriving in China from the Philippines back in March.
“Stranded muna siya sa Manila and then bumalik siya dito kasi dito ang trabaho niya. Then pag-landing niya sa airport, na-detect na meron siyang COVID. Kaya diretso sa quarantine and sa hospital and that was still in March,” Sta. Romana said.
(The lone case was stranded in Manila then returned here for work. Upon landing at the airport, it was detected he/she was positive for COVID. Then he/she was placed under quarantine and brought to the hospital. That was still in March.)
“He is now being discharged and he is now recovered and back to work. So it’s a COVID-free Filipino community here,” he added.
China has so far recorded at least 84,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, a respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus that first emerged in Wuhan City in China’s Hubei province.
Globally, there are over 7.4 million COVID-19 cases, of which at least 418,000 have ended in deaths.
For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.