4 Filipinos in Europe die from COVID-19 — DFA
MANILA, Philippines — Four more overseas Filipinos have died due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.
According to data released by the DFA on Wednesday, the four Filipino fatalities were reported in Europe.
There are now a total of 401 Filipinos abroad who contracted the disease, the DFA noted.
Of the number, 270 patients are currently undergoing treatment while 118 have already recovered.
“The DFA personnel in our foreign service posts continue to monitor the status of our people abroad and remain committed to ensuring their welfare,” the department said.
The World Health Organization earlier declared COVID-19 a pandemic. Globally, the virus already infected more than 785,800 people and killed more than 37,800 as of March 31.
On the other hand, over 165,655 people have recovered so far from the disease, which was caused by a coronavirus named SARS-CoV-2 that first emerged in China’s Wuhan City in Hubei province in late 2019.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.