Kuwait gov’t suspends flights to PH, 6 countries amid coronavirus threat
MANILA, Philippines — The Kuwaiti government has imposed a suspension of flights to and from the Philippines and six other countries, in a bid to avoid the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
In a circular released Friday, Kuwait’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) said all flights to and from the Kuwait International Airport are temporarily suspended for the Philippines, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt are suspended starting March 6.
The suspension will last for one week, the Kuwait’s DGCA said.
“All arrivals in the State of Kuwait from any nationality who have a valid residency or previous entry visa, as well as those from other airports who were present in the countries mentioned above during the past two weeks, are prohibited,” the civil aviation said.
“Citizens of the State of Kuwait coming from these countries are allowed to enter, provided that the necessary quarantine procedures are applied to them,” it added.
Previously, the Department of Health said there are now five confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Philippines.
Edited by MUF
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.