POEA announces requirements for Japan employment of nurses, careworkers
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) announced the requirements needed for Japan’s hiring of qualified nurses (Kangoshi) and careworkers (Kaigofukushishi).
This development came after the Japan International Corporation of Welfare Services (JICWELS) said it opened employment for 50 nurses and 300 workers.
Here are the following qualifications for nurses:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing with active PRC License
- Minimum of three years hospital work experience
- Must be motivated and committed to work and study as candidate for “Kangoshi” to obtain a National License in Japan.
Interested applicants for careworkers should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (with or without PRC License)
- Graduate of four year course but should submit TESDA National Certificate II in Caregiving (NC II) Japanese Language Proficiency
- Must be motivated and committed to work and study as candidate for “Kaigofukushishi” to obtain a national license in Japan.
All candidates are mandated to undertake 12 months intensive Japanese Language Training (JLPT) before working which are:
- Six months intensive Preparatory Japanese Language Training in the Philippines (live-in)
- Six months intensive Japanese Language Training in Japan (live-in)
Candidates are expected to acquire Japanese language proficiency equivalent to JLPT N5 level upon completion of the Preparatory Japanese Language Training in the Philippines.
The deadline for submission will be until April 24, 2019, for POEA Regional Offices and April 30, 2019 for POEA Central Office. /jpv
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.