CA panel recommends appointments, nominations of 7 DFA officials
MANILA, Philippines — The appointments and nominations of seven officials of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) were recommended for confirmation by a Commission on Appointments (CA) panel on Wednesday.
No one objected to the motion to recommend the appointments and nominations of the following officials during the hearing of the CA committee on foreign affairs chaired by Senator Panfilo Lacson:
- Leah Basinang-Ruiz as Ambassador to the Republic of Poland (with concurrent juris over Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
- Alex Garcia Chua – Ambassador to Republic of Kenya
- Ma. Theresa B. Dizon-Devega – Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Germany
- Raul Salavaria Hernandez – Ambassador to the Republic of Turkey
- Jesus Santos Domingo – Ambassador to New Zealand with the inclusion of Cook islands in concurrent jurisdiction
- Leo Herrera-Lim – Ambassador to the Kingdom of Denmark
Ad interim appointment:
- Henry Sicad Bensurto Jr. – Chief of Mission I
Only five of the DFA officials were present during the hearing, namely Basinang-Ruiz, Chua, Dizon-Devega, Hernandez, and ›Herrera-Lim.
The panel approved the motion to waive the appearance and submission of documentary requirements of Domingo and Bensurto. /je
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.