PH, China sign MOU on oil and gas development, 28 other deals
The Philippines and China on Tuesday signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) for oil and gas development cooperation.
But the location of the oil and gas development was not immediately disclosed.
President Rodrigo Duterte and Chines President Xi Jinping witnessed the exchange of MOU on gas and oil development in Malacañan Palace.
Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. and Minister of Foreign Affairs Wang Yi signed the MOU.
Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi said the MOU was “just a cooperation to explore solutions” on “how we can enjoy the resources” in the South China Sea.
Twenty-eight other agreements on trade, infrastructure, and education, among others, were also signed in Malacañang.
The agreements signed between the Philippines and China were:
1. Exchange of MOU between the Phl and China on cooperation on the Belt and Road initiative
2. Exchange of MOU on cooperation on oil and gas development between the Philippines and China
3. MOU between the Foreign Service Institute of the Republic of the Phl and the China Foreign Affairs University of the People’s Republic of China
4. Exchange of executive program of the cultural agreemeent between the government of Phl and China for 2019 to 2023
5. Exchange of MOU on basic education cooperation between DepEd of Phl and the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China
6. Exchange of MOU between the Dept of Information and Communication Technology of the Phl and Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China
7. Exchange of MOU bet Phl’s Cooperative Devt Authority of the Phl and Ministry of Agricutlure and Rural Affairs of China on strengthening the building of agricultural cooperatives
8. Exchange of infrastructure cooperation program between the Phl and China
9. Exchange of program for cooperation on industrial parks development between Phl and CHina
10. Exchange of handover certificate of emergency humanitarian cash assistance between Phl and China
11. Exchange of MOU on jointly promoting the cooperation in key infrastructure projects in Davao region between the DOF of the Phl and Ministry of Commerce of China
12. Handover of certificate of humanitarian cash assistance between the government of Phl and China
13. Exchange of implementation agreement of the feasibility study for Davao City Expressway project
14. Implementation agreement of feasibility study for Panay-Guimaras-Negros islands bridges project
15. Exchange of MOI on Renminbi clearing arrangement
16. Exchange of protocol for phytosanitary requirement for export of fresh young coconuts from the Phl to China between the DA of Phl and the General Administration of Customs of China and Protocol of sanitary and phytosanitary requirements for export of frozen fruits from the Philippines to China between DA, DOH of Phl and General Administraion of Customs of China
17. Exchange of agreement on economic and technical cooperation between gov’t of Phl and China
18. MOU on supporting feasibility study of nature projects between DOF of Phl and China International Development Cooperation Agency
19. Exchange of letters on project of container inspection equipment
20. Exchange of letters on project of Davao River Bridge Project
21. Exchange of letters on China-aided bridge and road project in Marawi
22. Exchange of MOU on panda bonds issuance
23. Exchange of loan agreement on New Centennial Water Source Kaliwan Dam Project
24. Exchange of commercial contract of Safe Philippines Project Phase 1
25. Exchange of commercial contract of the NEw Centennial Water Source Kaliwan Dam Project
26. Exchange of framework agreement for industrial park between BCDA and Gezhouba
27. Exchange of contract for the project management consultancy of the Phl National Railways South Long Haul Project – North-South Railway Project
28. Handover of letter of no objection to the organization of Renminbi-Philippine peso foreign exchange trading market
29. Handover of certificate of authority to operate for the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited Manila branch
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.