Duterte order: Indonesian, Malay troops free to enter PH
DAVAO CITY — President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday said Indonesian and Malaysian troops were free to enter the Philippines in pursuit of terrorists.
Speaking to reporters upon his arrival from a state visit to India, the President said all Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur should do was inform the Armed Forces of the Philippines about operations to hunt down terrorists in Philippine territory.
“I will allow troops of Indonesia and Malaysia to come in,” the President said.
He said Philippine soldiers would be willing to join the operations.
“We can be of assistance,” Mr. Duterte said.
He said he had already informed his Indonesian and Malaysian counterparts about allowing their troops into Philippine territory in pursuit of terrorists.
“I said if it’s terrorist, my advice to them is just blow them up,” the President said . “Blow them up,” he said.
He said he had run out of patience with terrorism, especially that of Abu Sayyaf. —Reports from Frinston Lim and Allan Nawal
Subscribe to our global nation newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.