2 more PH nurses cleared of MERS
Two female Filipino nurses who were infected with the dreaded Middle East respiratory syndrome corona virus (MERS) in Saudi Arabia last month have been declared out of danger and have been taken out of the intensive care unit, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.
One of the two nurses, a 29-year-old woman, is on her way to recovery but still confined at the hospital’s private ward, Assistant Secretary Charles Jose, the DFA spokesperson, told a news briefing on Friday.
“She is now able to speak and her chemodialysis has already been stopped,” Jose said.
The other nurse, aged 32, was discharged from the hospital. Niña P. Calleja, Philippine Daily Inquirer
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.