DOH: Foreigner who tested positive for Mers now virus-free
The foreigner in Manila who tested positive for the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers) is now free of the Coronavirus, the Department of Health (DOH) said on Friday.
The foreigner was the second case of Mers in the Philippines.
In a televised briefing, DOH spokesperson Lyndon Lee Suy said the 36-year-old foreigner who arrived from Dubai late last month is set to be discharged from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine over the weekend.
The foreigner’s companion, however, will remain in the hospital to complete the 14-day quarantine period required.
The health department added that 112 passengers who had contacts with the foreigner were already traced and put under monitoring.
DOH advised the public to be vigilant against Mers by going to the nearest hospital if they develop symptoms. IDL
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.