outbrain
Close  

2 Filipinos die after inhaling toxic pesticide in Dubai

By: - Reporter / @NCorralesINQ
/ 09:11 AM August 16, 2014

MANILA, Philippines – Two Filipinos died in Dubai after accidentally inhaling a toxic pesticide that leaked from their neighbor’s ventilation system, an online report said.

In a report by the Emirates 24/7, the two unnamed Filipinos succumbed after sniffing a banned pesticide called Aluminium Phosphide that  leaked from the apartment’s ventilation system of their neighbor.

ADVERTISEMENT

One of the victims died instantly after sniffing the toxic pesticide while the second victim – said to be a three-year-old girl – passed away while being treated in a Dubai hospital, the report said.

The report also quoted the police as saying that one of the tenants of the apartment sprayed the pesticide inside his unit and headed for the airport to start his summer vacation abroad.

FEATURED STORIES

The pesticide, however, leaked into the apartment’s ventilation system.

The police have arrested the victim’ neighbor and the three men who sold him the banned pesticide.

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: aluminum phosphide, Death, Dubai, Filipino, Middle east, Pesticide, poisoning
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.