Quantcast
Home » Overseas Workers Welfare Administration You are browsing entries tagged with “Overseas Workers Welfare Administration”

OFWs from Libya want new overseas jobs or wait for crisis to pass – DOLE chief

By
OFWs from Libya INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Most of the overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who returned to the country from strife-torn Libya have asked for job referrals from the government, Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz revealed on Tuesday.

Posted: June 24th, 2014 in Latest Global Nation Stories | Read More »

New OWWA chief named

By ,
INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

President Benigno Aquino III has appointed Labor Assistant Secretary Rebecca Calzado to head the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), the agency that promotes the interest of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).

Posted: June 7th, 2014 in Latest Global Nation Stories | Read More »

6 OFWs free of MERS virus, are released from hospital

By
Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz (in photo) has approved the deployment to Libya of a two-man contingency team that would augment the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (Polo) staff in Tripoli.   INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Six overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) previously diagnosed to have Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) have been released from the hospital after they were declared negative of the deadly virus strain, the Department of Labor and Employment said Friday.

Posted: May 10th, 2014 in Latest Global Nation Stories | Read More »

2 Filipinos killed, 2 others injured in Qatar blast

By ,
Firemen work at the site of an explosion in Doha, Qatar, Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014. A apparent gas explosion Thursday at a restaurant near a filling station in the Qatari capital killed a dozen people and wounded several more, emergency services officials in the energy-rich Gulf nation said. (AP Photo)

Two Filipinos were killed on Thursday when a gas tank exploded at a Turkish restaurant in Doha, Qatar, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Friday.

Posted: February 28th, 2014 in Latest Global Nation Stories | Read More »

Remains of 7 Filipinos killed in Yemen arriving Tuesday

By
AP file photo

The bodies of the seven Filipinos killed in the bombing of Yemen’s defense ministry complex early this month will arrive in the Philippines on Tuesday.

Posted: December 16th, 2013 in Latest Global Nation Stories | Read More »

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace