Quevedo among new cardinals named by Pope Francis
More News from Associated Press
VATICAN CITY — The following is a list of the 19 men named on Sunday by Pope Francis to be installed as cardinals in a Vatican ceremony on February 22:
- Pietro Parolin, Titular Archbishop of Acquapendente, Secretary of State.
- Lorenzo Baldisseri, Titular Archbishop of Diocleziana, Secretary General of the Synod of Bishops.
- Gerhard Ludwig Mueller, Archbishop-Bishop emeritus of Regensburg, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
- Beniamino Stella, Titular Archbishop of Midila, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy.
- Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster, United Kingdom.
- Leopoldo Jose Brenes Solorzano, Archbishop of Managua, Nicaragua.
- Gerald Cyprien Lacroix, Archbishop of Quebec, Canada.
- Jean-Pierre Kutwa, Archbishop of Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
- Orani Joao Tempesta, O.Cist., Archbishop of Rio de Janeiro.
- Gualtiero Bassetti, Archbishop of Perugia-Citta della Pieve, Italy.
- Mario Aurelio Poli, Archbishop of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Andrew Yeom Soo jung, Archbishop of Seoul, South Korea.
- Ricardo Ezzati Andrello, S.D.B., Archbishop of Santiago del Cile, Chile.
- Philippe Nakellentuba Ouedraogo, Archbishop of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- Orlando B. Quevedo, O.M.I., Archbishop of Cotabato, Philippines.
- Chibly Langlois, Bishop of Les Cayes, Haiti.
- Loris Francesco Capovilla, Titular Archbishop of Mesembria.
- Fernando Sebastian Aguilar, C.M.F., Archbishop emeritus of Pamplona.
- Kelvin Edward Felix, Archbishop emeritus of Castries.
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94