Filipina worker in Kuwait determined to pursue rape case
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Embassy in Kuwait is providing legal assistance to the Filipino woman who cried rape against two Kuwait police officers and two Egyptian nationals last week, the Department of Foreign Affairs said Thursday.
DFA spokesperson Assistant Secretary Raul Hernandez said the woman was already under the care of the embassy and was determined to pursue rape charges against her alleged violators.
“A Filipino woman in Kuwait was raped by two policemen two other nationals (Egyptians) on June 17 in her flat in Kuwait and immediately, she went to our Embassy to ask for help,” Hernandez said Thursday.
“She has filed cases against the four perpetrators and she’s committed and therefore she will continue to remain in Kuwait. We have provided her with a lawyer who will help her pursue the case and bring the perpetrators to justice,” the official added.
The woman, a saleslady in Kuwait, had said that the four men barged into her house on June 17, three of them taking turns in abusing her.
Hernandez said all four men have been arrested and are facing investigation.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.