Command ship of US 7th Fleet to dock in Manila

A+
A
A-

AFP file photo

MANILA, Philippines–The command ship of the United States 7th Fleet will dock at the Manila South Harbor on Thursday for a routine port call.

In a statement, the US Embassy said the USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19) will make a port call and goodwill visit “that highlights the strong historic, community and military connections between United States and the Philippines.”

The US ship is currently forward-deployed to US Navy Fleet Activities in Yokosuka, Japan.

  • Tags:

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

  • Ken_777

    That’s good, who knows China may take the Sabah conflict as an opportunity to strike, because the battle tested Southern Filipinos is busy fighting the Malaysian…

    • CmdrAdobo

      yabang naman. battle tested pero hanggang ngayon nandiyan pa rin ang mga abu sayaff.

      • kigol

        he is referring to moro fighter not gov mil.

      • CmdrAdobo

        still wrong, they are not moro rebels.

  • Mamang Pulis

    asan na yun welcoming party ni ‘nato reyes—??

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/74YM4AKT6YHVIO2VVW6VDNZJTA Jhon

    ay sus, walang kuwenta. Mga bakla…

  • http://joboni96.myopenid.com/ joboni96

    ‘strong historic, community and military connections’

    historic
    1898-1912      genocide committed by the imperialist
    1920-1940      miseducation by the imperialist
    1945-1950      parity rights economic imperialism
    1950-present   imperialism/globalization

    military
    1898-1945     military occupation
    1945-present  military remote control

    community = abandoned amerisians

    TAMA NA
    LAYAS NA

    • Crazy_horse101010

      sob sob wah wah poor baby 

      • http://joboni96.myopenid.com/ joboni96

        bakit praning

  • http://www.facebook.com/roy.domingo Roy Domingo

    LatestSulu raiders hideout take heavy bombardment

    SpecialStories from the RAS Lahad Datu Intrusion / Borneo Intruders
    HOMELOCAL STORIESNATIONALWORLD NEWSSPORTSLETTERS TO THE EDITORBAHASA MALAYSIA
    → FEATURES→ OUR CONTRIBUTORS|CONTACT USABOUT SABAHSTAY UPDATED WITH US ON TWITTER!
    Elite US forces backing the RAS militants?Exclusive by BI Investigative TeamHabiba Kiram (right) – how reliable is the FB information?KOTA KINABALU: The ‘invasion of Sabah’ by the militant group calling themselves the Royal Army of Sulu Sultanate (RAS) was apparently planned at least seven months ago.A Facebook message of one of the key RAS officials, Habiba Kiram that was forwarded to the Borneo Insider by a reliable source, also indicated that the group was getting ready to invade Sabah in late November, last year.And Habiba has even implicated the United States elite forces for backing their cause to claim back Sabah. (see attached photo of the Facebook message).Habiba allegedly claimed that they were waiting for the US elite forces to give them the signal and that some 10,000 of its armed men were already in Sabah since seven months ago.(Disclaimer: Borneo Insider has no way of confirming this with any of the United States authorities and we only can go by the remarks made in the Facebook conversation between Habiba and another party).It is understood that the Malaysian intelligence community was said to have been alerted about it sometime in July last year.This came about following information leaked by unknown sources that a key RAS official was raising funds to purchase a sizeable quantity of firearms, including assault rifles, in Bongao, Tawi Tawi, in Philippines.Take note of the messages in the FB grab.Sources close to the Malaysian intelligence community also told Borneo Insider that no one should take the “attempted invasion” lightly, citing that members of the militant group comprised of war-hardened militants who have got nothing to fear or lose.“They (RAS) are determined to claim back Sabah and this attempt (intrusion) is part of their plans to achieve that, so as to create sufficient international attention.They are also planning to bring the matter to the International Court of Justice to file for an official claim of part of their territories in Sabah,” said the source.(DISCLAIMER: The Borneo Insider has absolutely no way of confirming the exact authenticity of the alleged Facebook ‘conversations’ between Habiba and the second party, except to state that the source who gave us the two FB-Grabs claims the ‘conversation’ did take place).This FB grab shows the claim made by Habiba that they are waiting for US forces to give the signal.
    6 Responses to Elite US forces backing the RAS militants?jerryReply
    March 3, 2013 at 7:49 AMI have known that such incident will happen ever since the early 1980′s;those philipinos from manila{Jaycees group}also leaked out the news that Philippines will claim Sabah;it’s only a question of time;& indeed its turn out to be true;even though the late Marcos had already called off the claim when he was alive!!
    FREDERICK LOUReply
    March 4, 2013 at 11:26 PMSABAH JOINED MALAYSIA IN 1963 BY DEMOCRATIC PROCESS.IT IS THE CHOICE OF THE SABAH PEOPLE.love will bring the world out of economy mess,think good,say good n do good
    abo marouaneReply
    March 5, 2013 at 12:11 PMANYTHING THAT INVOLVES THE US MILITARY AND ITS CO – ALLIANCE, HOWEVER SMALL OR BIG SHALT NOT BE TOLERATED IN THIS REGION, WHAT MORE TAKING SABAH AS A TESTING BATTLE GROUND, TO DESTABILISE THE PEACEFUL ASIAN HEGEMONY OF THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SPHERES — TAKE NOTE CHINA, NORTH KOREA AND OF COURSE THE FEDERATION OF UNITED RUSSIA!!
    Brother Pat NuruddinReply
    March 5, 2013 at 11:19 PMUnited Nation must come in to resolve the crises in sabah. If the Sultan of Sulu has the rigth to claim North Borneo then justice must be given a chance.
    marukuReply
    March 6, 2013 at 8:11 AMus army never win any battle in south east asia /asiathe morality of the m’sian army totally different compare to arab nationswe never scare of this stupid american , well come you with bullets and serve you with bloods ,and we placed you in hell .IF WE DONT FIGHT WE ALSO DIE IS BETTER WE FIGHT AND THEN WE DIE,WE DONT TRAVEL THOUSANDS OF KILOMETERS TO CHOOSE OUR COFFIN IN SABAH
    CinnamonapeReply
    March 6, 2013 at 9:53 AMI think the claim that the RAS is backed by the US Military is simply wishful thinking…no propaganda…by the Sultan and his aides. It serves two purposes. First it causes the foolhardy to think that they will have “backing” no matter how insane their efforts. Second, it causes a breach between Malaysia and the US…and perhaps may result in some Americans getting harassed in Sabah or Malaysia.Does anyone think that the MILF/MNLF/Abu Sayaaf fighters that the US Navy has been fighting in these waters since 911 would suddenly be their buddies???An aide to Sultan Jamalul said yesterday that the US “had to” come to the “mutual defense” of the Sultanate based on the 1915 Carpenter Agreement.
    Fact: The 1915 Carpenter Agreement actually demilitarized the Sulu Sultan (thus he had no military to “offer mutual aide”). Furthermore it limited his power to an “ecclesiastic role” based on “voluntary contributions”. It dismembered any governmental role, and stripped the Sultanate of sovereignty. There is no clause about coming to the Sultanates defense…because there was no Sultanate after this point. The US would defend “Philippine territory” but then agreed not to pursue any claims in the UK Protectorate of Sabah.This is just blab, blah, blah from the Sultans supporters.Leave a ReplyPlease Login with
    Your email address will not be published.NameEmailCommentE-mail optionalPlease refrain from foul language, personal attacks and other such disrespectful discourse. 
    Submitted comments may take a few minutes to appear.All views stated are the sole responsibility of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Borneo Insider.Share this story
    Most ReadBreaking News: Philippine sultan says followers won’t leave SabahElite US forces backing the RAS militants?The Sulu-security Stand-off: Radjah Mudah: We want to live in our placeBreaking News: Intruders chief an ADO in Kudat during USNO reignAnwar Ibrahim is now Huguan SiouExclusive: Who is Manuel K Amalilio aka Mohammad Kamal bin SaidBREAKING NEWS: Villagers Said To Be Held Hostage In Mosque By Armed Intruders“Royal Army of Sulu” behind intrusionPolice chief confirms arrest of seven at LabianJK III prevents more followers from entering Sabah

  • http://www.facebook.com/roy.domingo Roy Domingo

    bka adyan na un sinasabi ng report sa elite US FORCES na tutulong sa Royal army as the sultanate of sulu now invoking the 1915 KIRAM = CARPENTERS agreement signed by carpenter in behaft of the us govt and sultan kiram for the sultanate at sinasabi dun sa agreement na yan pag may mangyari digmaan or problem affecting sabah in the future karapatan at responsibilidad ng estados unidos na tuparin ang agrreement na yan kasi d naman narevoked ng amerika yan din ang sabi ni pres bush.

To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.

Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:

c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94

editors' picks

advertisement
advertisement