DFA announces closure of passport offices on 2013 holidaysBy Fat Reyes
MANILA, Philippines—The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) announced Friday that its passport offices in Metro Manila would be closed in observance of the following regular holidays and special non-working holidays in 2013:
- March 28, Maundy Thursday, Regular Holiday
- March 29, Good Friday, Regular Holiday
- March 30, Holy Saturday, Observance
- April 9, Tuesday, The Day of Valor, Regular Holiday
- May 1, Wednesday, Labor Day, Regular Holiday
- June 12, Wednesday, Independence Day, Regular Holiday
- August 9, Friday, Eidul-Fitar, Regular Holiday
- August 21, Wednesday, Ninoy Aquino Day, Special Non-Working Holiday
- August 26, Monday, National Heroes Day Holiday, Regular Holiday
- November 1, Friday, All Saints’ Day, Special Non-Working Holiday
- November 2, Saturday, All Souls’ Day, Observance
- November 30, Saturday, Bonifacio Day, Regular Holiday
- December 24, Tuesday, Christmas Eve, Observance
- December 25, Wednesday, Christmas Day, Regular Holiday
- December 30, Monday, Rizal Day, Regular Holiday
- December 31, Tuesday, New Year’s Eve, Special Non-Working Holiday
In its announcement, the DFA said that the closures were based on Proclamation No.459 issued by the Office of the President.
No passport appointments and authentication of civil documents would be scheduled on the said dates but on-call skeletal forces at the Passport Division (including Courtesy Lane and Diplomatic and Official Passports Section) and the Authentication Division would be designated to answer queries related to passport and authentication of civil documents, the DFA said.
For more information, visit www.dfa.gov.ph or call (02) 556-0000 for other concerns.