MANILA, Philippines–The Korean government has provided an additional US$800,000 relief assistance for the rehabilitation efforts of the Philippine government for the victims of typhoon ‘Pablo’ (international codename: Bopha).
In a statement released Wednesday, the Korean government said it made the decision due to the extensive damage caused by the typhoon in the affected areas.
The additional relief assistance, which is on top of the US$200,000 previously donated to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), is expected to help address the humanitarian needs of the affected families in the provinces of Davao Oriental, Compostela Valley, and Negros Oriental. In total, the assistance provided by the Korean government to the victims of Typhoon Pablo alone has reached US$ 1 million.
The Korean government will continue to support and work with the Philippine government in its disaster relief efforts, the statement said.