S. Korea donates $200k to typhoon victims
MANILA, Philippines—South Korea has come to the aid of thousands of victims of typhoon “Pablo” in the Visayas and Mindanao with a donation of $200,000 (about P8.19 million) coursed through the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
In a statement, a copy of which was sent to the Philippine Daily Inquirer, the South Korean embassy in Taguig City on Tuesday said Seoul “will provide assistance in the amount of $200,000 through the DSWD.”
“In a letter addressed to DSWD Secretary Dinky Soliman, South Korean Ambassador to the Philippines Lee Hyuk expressed his heartfelt condolences to the families of the typhoon victims and hopes for their immediate recovery,” the mission also said.
It added, “The government and the people of the Republic of Korea extend their deepest sympathies and support to the bereaved families and victims of Typhoon “Pablo” (international codename: Bopha) that struck several provinces in the Visayas and Mindanao (last week).”
Short URL: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/?p=59289